- About Us
- Energy School
Other EU financed projects related to Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy themes, directing at segments of tourism:
The European Project RELACS: REnewabLe energy for tourist ACcomodation buildingS is financed in the framework of the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme. In order to create the best conditions for encouraging the tourist-accommodation sector to invest in energy efficiency-renewable measures, the project will produce:
- A network of 110 participating hotels in 10 countries;
- Involvement of the most relevant business contacts (including tourist sector associations) in 10 Advisory Committees;
- Free services provided to at least 60 hotels, including: building energy audits, feasibility studies for Renewable Energy Sources (RES), training and technical advice;
- At least 200 employees and 100 managers of tourist resorts trained to identify energy saving opportunities in both behavioural changes and investment possibilities.
The core activities of the project follow a four-step approach:
- Global organization of the project, focused on the exchange of experiences and the identification of good practices
- Local interaction between public policy makers and tourism promoters/influencers, where each partner organizes workshops with SMEs in the tourism sector to establish their needs regarding public policies
- Drafting of a Public Policy Recommendation Handbook, based on the exchange of good practices and the results of workshops
- Improvement of public policy packages in each partner region/country, based on the final version of the recommendation handbook
Throughout its duration, ICER intends to raise awareness of the need for innovative public policies for rural tourism among the relevant decision-makers, with a view to strengthening the attractiveness and competitiveness of their rural areas.
Smart-e Buildings is an industry-led interactive e-marketing campaign aimed at giving access to information on energy efficiency and renewable energy in public and private, new and refurbished buildings. It particularly addresses building owners (and hoteliers amongst them!) and wants to involve them in an interactive practice-oriented dialogue through a web 2.0 portal using social networks. By doing this, Smart-e Buildings intends to enable its users to go for action and invest in renewable energy and energy efficiency applications in their building.
Buildings in the EU account for 40% of the final energy consumption...
...stop this huge waste of energy...
Take your energy back!
Support the campaign on